Birthday Random Thoughts
It’s been a long time since I’ve done a Random Thoughts post, but it seemed fitting today.
1. I turned 27 yesterday, and I had a hell of a day. Frankly, it’s felt like one long party since Saturday, which has made it even cooler. I’ve done fun things and eaten some terrific food, but to me, it’s always more about the people than anything, and I’ve been lucky to spend time with family and friends, which trumps everything else.
I want to thank everyone for all the nice birthday wishes, whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or e-mail. It’s honestly a little overwhelming, and it feels great to know that I have such great friends and supporters.
Here’s a picture from breakfast yesterday. Not only was this quite possibly the best breakfast ever—both in terms of food, and because I was with my mom—but note the awesome candle in the blueberry muffin. Nice touch.
2. On that note, my birthday pretty much marks the anniversary of my blog since I started this thing right around my birthday a few years back, so that means it’s another year in the books. Wow. When I first started this thing, I really wasn’t expecting anyone to read it, and I can’t believe what it’s grown into in a relatively short amount of time.
Again, that’s a testament to y’all more than anything. If it wasn’t for you guys reading and supporting me, I wouldn’t be writing. It’s a big time commitment to maintain this bad boy, so if it weren’t for your supportive comments and e-mails, I’d have a hard time justifying it. I love to write and I enjoy keeping the blog, so thanks for providing the forum to share my ideas. Your support is truly what drives it.
3. I haven’t updated my own training in a while, but now that the summer is ending, my schedule is changing and that means I’ll be switching things up a bit. I’ll keep you all in the loop as I do that. It probably won’t be drastically different because I tend to abide by the motto “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” but I’ll let you know what I’m up to. I’ll probably send out some training logs to my newsletter again too, so if you haven’t signed up for that, you can do above (it’s free, don’t worry).
Just to give you a taste of what I’ve been up to though, here are some snatch grip rack pulls I did on Monday. Love these, but I’m still feeling them four days later.
I’ve uploaded a ton of new videos in the past few weeks and have 8-10 more still on my computer, so be sure to check those out, too.
4. Speaking of the You Tube page, I noticed that I just surpassed 3,000 subscribers and 2.4 million views on my channel. That’s hard to fathom really, and that’s a lot of people watching my ugly mug lift weights, but thanks.
You can subscribe here to join the party.
5. For my fitness friends in the Northeast, I want to let you know about two awesome seminars that I’m planning on attending.
The first is the Rings and Power Seminar with Chad Waterbury September 15-16 in Connecticut. I really want to learn more stuff using the rings because I’ve always thought that’s so friggin’ cool, so I really hope to be able to make it to this.
This video gives you a little taste of what it’s like. Very cool if you ask me.
You can find out more info on the website.
The second seminar is the 1st Annual Cressey Performance Fall Seminar that takes place October 28th. It’s a stacked line up, and it takes place in their brand new facility (which I saw this past week…and it’s freakin’ amazing) so I’m pumped to check it out.
Find out more about it here.
I hope to see you at both of them. If you’re planning on going, please be sure to say hello.
I’m off to the gym to get my lift on, so that’s all today, but have a great day!